- Welcome reception: 28/11 18:30-19:30
- Conference dinner: 29/11 at a traditional village restaurant (meeting at the hotel lobby at 19:00)
New! Support for WISE 2012 has been integrated into the Conference4me smartphone conference application. The application provides a digital, mobile copy of the conference agenda and timetables, venue information, social network updates, and more. Download Conference4me from the Google Play market or from iTunes, run the application and choose 'WISE 2012' from the list of conferences available for download. For more information about Conference4me, including QR codes for direct downloads, please see the official Conference4me website
You may download the Conference Final Program and the Workshops Program.
Wednesday, November 28th, 2012MM
Workshop on Cloud-enabled Business Process Management - CeBPM
International Workshop on Big Data and Cloud - BDC
|09:00 - 10:25
||- Short introduction to CeBPM (10 minutes)
- Papers: 1, 2, 3 (3 x 25 minutes)
|10:25 - 10:45
|10:45 - 12:30
||- Papers: 4, 5 and 6 (3 x 25 minutes)
- The workshop Chairs will lead a discussion about the papers and pick up topics for afternoon session (30 minutes)
|12:30 - 13:30
|13:30 - 15:10
||- Short introduction to BDC (10 minutes)
- BDC two papers (2 x 25 minutes)
- The BDC workshop Chairs will lead a discussion about the papers and pick up topics for next session (15 minutes)
|15:10 - 15:30
|15:30 - 17:00
||Pannel discussion, summary of the day
- CeBPM research challenges: Dana Petcu and Vlado Stankovski (30 minutes)
- BDC research challenges: BDC organisers (30 minutes)
- Discussion on topics collected from the audience during the workshops (30 minutes)
- "Cloud Storage of Artifact Annotations to Support Case Managers in Knowledge-Intensive Business Processes", Marian Benner, Matthias Book, Tobias Brueckmann and Volker Gruhn
- "Collaborative process design in cloud environment", Jiri Kolar and Tomas Pitner
- "Challenges for Migrating to the Service Cloud Paradigm: An Agile Perspective", Stavros Stavru, Iva Krasteva and Sylvia Ilieva
- "Towards a trust-manager service for hybrid clouds", Fatma Ghachem, Nadia Bennani, Chirine Ghedira and Parisa Ghodous
- "Designing an SLA Protocol with Renegotiation to Maximize Revenues for the CMAC platform", Adriano Galati, Djemame Karim, Martyn Fletcher, Mark Jessop, Michael Weeks, Simon Hickinbotham and John McAvoy
- "Levi - A Workflow Engine using BPMN 2.0", Umashanthi Pavalanathan, Keheliya Gallaba, Ishan Jayawardena and Eranda Sooriyabandara
- "Service Oriented Framework for Animating Big Spatiotemporal Datasets", Ahmet Sayar
- "Searching frequent itemsets by clustering data: towards a parallel approach using MapReduce", Maria Malek and Hubert Kadima
Advanced Reasoning Technology for e-Science Workhsop - ART
|09:00 - 09:10
||Welcome from the organizers
|09:10 - 10:10
||Invited Talk by Yanchun Zhang (Victoria University), Chair: Zhisheng Huang
"Real-time and Self- Adaptive Stream Data Analysis"
|10:25 - 10:45
|10:45 - 11:20
||Alexey Cheptsov (High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart), Chair: Zhisheng Huang
"An Approach For Distributed Parallelization Of Large- Scale Semantic Web Reasoners Based on MPI"
|11:20 - 12:00
||Philip Moore (Birmingham City University), Chair: Zhisheng Huang
"Towards Integrating Emotion into Intelligent Context"
|12.30 - 13:30
|13:30 - 14:10
||Zhisheng Huang (Vrije University of Amsterdam), Chair: Alexey Cheptsov
"Making Web-Scale Semantic Reasoning More Service-Oriented: The Large Knowledge Collider"
|14:10 - 14:50
||Christos Mettouris (University of Cyprus), Chair: Alexey Cheptsov
"Contextual Modelling in Context-Aware Recommender Systems: a generic approach"
|15:10 - 15:30
|15:30 - 16:30
||Invited Talk by Jeff Pan (University of Aberdeen), Chair: Alexey Cheptsov
"How Approximate Reasoning Helps in Centralised and Distributed OWL Reasoning"
|16:30 - 17:00
||Wrap-up, discussion for further cooperation, concluding remarks, Chair: Jeff Pan
- "An Approach For Distributed Parallelization Of Large- Scale Semantic Web Reasoners Based on MPI", Alexey Cheptsov
- "Making Web-Scale Semantic Reasoning More Service-Oriented: The Large Knowledge Collider", Alexey Cheptsov and Zhisheng Huang
- "Towards Integrating Emotion into Intelligent Context", Philip Moore
- "Contextual Modelling in Context-Aware Recommender Systems: a generic approach", Christos Mettouris and George Angelos Papadopoulos
Workshop on Engineering the Semantic Enterprise - ECE
|09:00 - 09:10
||Welcome from the organizers
|09:10 - 09:45
||"A Semantic-Based Architecture for Collaborative Enterprise Management: The ARISTOTELE Platform"
Stefano Paolozzi, Pierluigi Del Nostro, Daniele Toti, Francesco Orciuoli and Pierluigi Ritrovato
|09:45 - 10:25
||"ICOM: A Framework for Integrated Collaborative Work Environments"
Kenneth Baclawski, Eric Chan, Laura Dragan, Patrick Durusau, Deirdre Lee, Peter Yim and Yuwang Yin
|10:25 - 10:45
|10:45 - 11:20
||"Knowledge-Based Semantification of Business Communications in ERP Environments"
Marios Meimaris and Michalis Vafopoulos
|11:20 - 12:00
||"Ubiquitous Service Capability Modeling and Similarity Based Searching"
Feng Gao and Wassim Derguech
|12.00 - 12:30
||Summary and conclusions
- "A Semantic-Based Architecture for Collaborative Enterprise Management: The ARISTOTELE Platform", Stefano Paolozzi, Pierluigi Del Nostro, Daniele Toti, Francesco Orciuoli and Pierluigi Ritrovato
- "ICOM: A Framework for Integrated Collaborative Work Environments", Kenneth Baclawski, Eric Chan, Laura Dragan, Patrick Durusau, Deirdre Lee, Peter Yim and Yuwang Yin
- "Knowledge-Based Semantification of Business Communications in ERP Environments", Marios Meimaris and Michalis Vafopoulos
- "Ubiquitous Service Capability Modeling and Similarity Based Searching", Feng Gao and Wassim Derguech
Social Web Analytics for Trend Detection Workshop - SoWeTrend
|13:30 - 14:30
|14:30 - 15:00
|15:10 - 15:30
|15:30 - 16:00
|16:00 - 16:30
|16:30 - 17:00
|17:00 - 17:15
- "Associating items with scenes identified in social Q&A data", Shin-Ya Sato, Masami Takahashi and Masato Matsuo.
- "An Epistemic Equivalence for Predictive Social Networks Analysis", Christophe Thovex and Francky Trichet
- "Dynamic clustering process to calculate affinity degree of users as basis of a social network recommender", Andrea Zanda, Ernestina Menasalvas and Santiago Eibe
- "Data Leak Aware Crowdsourcing in Social Network", Mourad Ouziri and Salima Benbernou
- Full paper presentation time (including Q&A): 25 mins
- Short paper presentation time (including Q&A): 15 mins
Thursday, November 29th, 2012
Morning Plenary Session
Chair: Alex Delis, University of Athens, Greece
- Opening of the Conference
- Keynote Talk: “Usage Data in Web Search: Beneﬁts and Limitations,” Dr. Ricardo Baeza-Yates, Yahoo! Research.
1.a: Morning Research Session – Query Processing and Performance
Chair: Mohamed Sharaf, University of Queensland, Australia
- “Improving the Performance of Pipelined Query Processing with Skipping”, Simon Jonassen and Svein Erik Bratsberg.
- “Exploring Content Dependencies to Better Balance Performance and Freshness in Web Databases”, Stavros Papastavrou, Panos K. Chrysanthis and George Samaras.
- “Improving On-Demand Learning to Rank Through Parallelism”, Daniel Xavier De Sousa, Thierson Couto, Wellington Santos Martins, Rodrigo Silva and Marcos Andre
- “Memory Eﬃcient Index for Cache Invalidation Mechanism of OpenJPA”, Miki Enoki, Yosuke Ozawa, Hiroshi Horii and Tamiya Onodera (short paper).
- “A Space-Eﬃcient Indexing Algorithm for Boolean Query Processing”, Jianbin Qin, Chuan Xiao, Wei Wang and Xuemin Lin (short paper).
2.a: Morning Research Session – Event Processing, Web Monitoring and Management
Chair: George Samaras, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- “Event-Driven Ontology Updating”, Jordy Sangers, Frederik Hogenboom and Flavius Frasincar.
- “Event Aware Workload Prediction: A Study Using Auction Events”, Matthew Sladescu, Alan Fekete, Kevin Lee and Anna Liu.
- “Towards a User-Centric Social Approach to Web Services Composition, Execution, and Monitoring”, Zakaria Maamar, Nora Faci and Michael Sheng.
- “Experiences in Building an Event-driven and Deployable Platform as a Service”, Dana Petcu, Calin Sandru, Silviu Panica, Ciprian Dorin Craciun and Marian Neagul (short paper).
- “Towards Proactive Cross-Layer Service Adaptation”, Chrysostomos Zeginis, Konstantina Konsolaki, Kyriakos Kritikos and Dimitris Plexousakis (short paper).
1.b: Afternoon Research Session – Social Web
Chair: Athena Vakali, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- “Can Social Features Help Learning to Rank YouTube Videos?” Sergiu Viorel Chelaru, Claudia Orellana-Rodriguez and Ismail Sengor Altingovde.
- “The Role of Twitter in YouTube Videos Diﬀusion,” George Christodoulou, Chryssis Georgiou and George Pallis.
- “Architecture-Driven Modeling of Adaptive Collaboration Structures in Large-Scale Social Web Applications,” Christoph Dorn and Richard Taylor.
- “Like-minded Communities: Bringing the Familiarity and Similarity Together,” Natwar Modani, Ritesh Gupta, Seema Nagar, Saswata Shannigrahi, Saurabh Goyal and Kuntal Dey.
2.b: Afternoon Research Session – Information Extraction and Multilingual Management
Chair: Yanchun Zhang, Victoria University, Australia
- “Extraction and Evaluation of Candidate Named Entities in Search Engine Queries,” Areej Alasiry, Mark Levene and Alexandra Poulovassilis.
- “Improving Recall of Regular Expressions for Information Extraction,” Karin Murthy, Deepak P and Prasad Deshpande.
- “BiCWS: Mining Cognition Diﬀerences from Bilingual Web Search Results,” Xiaojiang Huang and Xiaojun Wan.
- “Good Quality Complementary Information for Multilingual Wikipedia,” Yuya Fujiwara, Yu Suzuki, Yukio Konishi and Akiyo Nadamoto.
3.b/3e: Demonstration Papers Session
Chair: George A. Papadopoulos, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- “Information Systems for Knowledge Workers: The Kpeople Enterprise 2.0 Tool,” Ugo Barchetti, Antonio Capodieci, Anna Lisa Guido and Luca Mainetti.
- “SMART: Supporting the Design and Execution of User-Centric Service-Based Applications,” Piergiorgio Bertoli, Raman Kazhamiakin, Michele Nori and Marco Pistore.
- “WPPS: A Framework for Web Page Processing,” Ruslan Fayzrakhmanov.
- “ODCleanStore: A Framework for Managing and Providing Integrated Linked Data on the Web,” Tomas Knap, Jan Michelfeit, Jakub Daniel, Petr Jerman, Dusan Rychnovsky, Tomas Soukup and Martin Necasky.
- “The Semantic Web Linker: a Multilingual and Multisource Framework,” Mariantonietta Noemi La Polla, Angelica Lo Duca and Andrea Marchetti.
- “PoliMaR-Web: Multi-source Semantic Matchmaking of Web APIs,” Luca Panziera, Marco Comerio, Matteo Palmonari, Carlo Batini and Flavio De Paoli.
- “An Interactive Exploratory System with Real-time Preference Elicitation,” Panagiotis Papadakos, Yannis Tzitzikas and Dafni Zafeiri.
- “Do-it-Yourself Content Delivery Network Orchestrator,” Rajiv Ranjan, Karan Mitra, Suhit Saha, Dimitrios Georgakopoulos and Arkady Zaslavsky.
- “Intelligent and Semantic Real-time Process of Greek LOD for Enhancing Citizen Awareness in Public Expenditures,” M. Vafopoulos, M. Meimaris, A. Papantoniou, I. Anagnostopoulos, I. Xidias, G. Alexiou, I. Avraam, G. Vafeiadis and V. Loumos.
1.c: Late Afternoon Research Session – Diversiﬁcation, Search, Classiﬁcation, and Intent
Chair: George Pallis, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- “The Impact of Conceptualization on Text Classiﬁcation,” Shereen Albitar, Sebastien Fournier and Bernard Espinasse.
- “Evaluating Web Archive Search Systems,” Miguel Costa and Mario Silva.
- “Diversifying User Comments on News Articles,” Giorgos Giannopoulos, Ingmar Weber, Alejandro Jaimes and Timos Sellis.
- “mNIR: Diversifying Search Results based on a Mixture of Novelty, Intention and Relevance,” Reza Taghizadeh Hemayati and Weiyi Meng.
- “Search Intent Discovery by Structurization of Community QA Contents,’ Soungwoong Yoon, Adam Jatowt and Katsumi Tanaka (short paper).
- “Analyzing the Eﬀectiveness of Graph Metrics for Anomaly Detection in Online Social Networks,” Reza Hassanzadeh, Richi Nayak, Douglas Stebila (short paper).
2.c: Late Afternoon Research Session – Cloud Computing and Cache Consistency
Chair: Dana Petcu, West University of Timisoara, Romania
- “Computing Scientometrics in Large-Scale Academic Search Engines with MapReduce,” Leonidas Akritidis and Panayiotis Bozanis.
- “Cost-eﬀective Provisioning and Scheduling of Deadline-constrained Applications in Hybrid Clouds,” Rodrigo N. Calheiros and Rajkumar Buyya.
- “Trade-oﬀ Analysis of Elasticity Approaches for Cloud-based Business Applications,” Basem Suleiman, Srikumar Venugopal, Wasim Sadiq and Sherif Sakr.
- “On the use of Optimal Stopping Theory for Cache Consistency Checks,” Manos Spanoudakis, Dimitris Lorentzos, Christos Anagnostopoulos and Stathes Hadjiefthymiades.
- “Predicting Application Performance for Multi-Vendor Clouds Using Dwarf Benchmarks,” Vegard Engen, Juri Papay, Stephen Phillips and Michael Boniface (short paper).
3.c: “WISE 2012 Challenge” Session
Chair: Weining Qian, East China Normal University, China
- “An Investigation on Repost Activity Prediction for Social Media Events,” Juarez Paulino Silva Junior, Felipe Modesto, Lucas Almeida, Thiago Neves and Li Weigang.
- “Logical Model of Relationship for Online Social Networks and Performance Optimizing of Queries,” Edans F. De O. Sandes, Li Weigang and Alba Cristina M. De Melo.
- “Predicting Retweet Behavior in Weibo Network,” Hongbo Zhang, Qun Zhao, Ke Xiao, Hongyan Liu, Jun He and Xiaoyong Du.
- “On the Prediction of Re-tweeting Activities in Social Networks a report of the WISE 2012 Challenge,” Sayan Unankard, Ling Chen, Peng Li, Sen Wang, Zi Huang, Mohamed Sharaf and Xue Li.
- "Acolyte: An In-Memory Social Network Query System", Ze Tang, Heng Lin, Kaiwei Li, Wentao Han, and Wenguang Chen
- “Accelerating Queries over Microblog Dataset via Grouping Techniques: Report on the Performance Track of WISE Challenge 2012,” Zheng Lizhou and Jin Peiquan.
- “Predicting Retweet Action over Microblog Dataset via Classify Techniques: the USTCs Report on the Mining Track of WISE Challenge 2012,” Lianshuai Zhang, Peiquan Jin and Zequn Zhang.
- “Predicting Retweeting Behavior Based on Autoregressive Moving Average Model,” Zhilin Luo, Yue Wang and Xintao Wu.
- “A Fast and High Throughput SQL Query System for Big Data,” Feng Zhu, Jie Liu and Lijie Xu.
Friday, November 30th, 2012
Morning Plenary Session
Chair: Xiaoyang (Sean) Wang, Fudan University, China
- Keynote Talk: “Mechanisms for Eﬃcient Cloud Markets,” Prof. Azer Bestavros, Boston University.
- Conference Awards Ceremony
1.d: Morning Research Session – Security and Attribute Discovery
Chair: Demetris Zeinalipour, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- “VAM-aaS: Online Cloud Services Security Vulnerability Analysis and Mitigation-as-a-Service,” Mohamed Almorsy, John Grundy and Amani Ibrahim.
- “WebPut: Eﬃcient Web-based Data Imputation,” Zhixu Li, Mohamed Sharaf, Laurianne Sitbon, Shazia Sadiq, Marta Indulska and Xiaofang Zhou.
- “Panoramic Image Search by Similarity and Adjacency for Similar Landscape Discovery,” Meng Zhao, Hiroaki Ohshima and Katsumi Tanaka.
- “Securing Data Warehouses from Web-Based Intrusions”, Ricardo Jorge Santos, Jorge Bernardino, Marco Vieira and Deolinda Rasteiro (short paper).
- “Detecting Wikipedia Vandalism with a Contributing Eﬃciency-based Approach,” Xiaoyue Tang, Shijun Li and Lin Gan (short paper).
2.d: Morning Research Session – Web Services
Chair: Svein Erik Bratsberg, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- “Enterprise COllaboration and INteroperability (COIN) platform: Two Case Studies in the Marine Shipping Domain,” Achilleas Achilleos, George Sielis, Georgia Kapitsaki, Michele Sesana, Sergio Gusmeroli and George Papadopoulos.
- “Scenario-driven Development of Context-aware Adaptive Web Services,” Mahmoud Hussein, Jian Yu, Jun Han and Alan Colman.
- “Representing Service-Relationships as First Class Entities in Service Orchestrations,” Malinda Kapuruge, Jun Han and Alan Colman.
- “Majority-Rule-Based Web Service Selection,” Karim Benouaret, Dimitris Sacharidis, Djamal Benslimane and Allel Hadjali (short paper).
- “Deﬁnition and Enactment of Instance-Spanning Process Constraints,” Maria Leitner, Juergen Mangler and Stefanie Rinderle-Ma (short paper).
1.e: Afternoon Research Session – Sentiment Analysis and Summarization
Chair: Richi Nayak, Queensland Univ. of Technology, Australia
- “Assembling the Optimal Combination of Classiﬁers for Sentiment Classiﬁcation,” Yuming Lin, Xiaoling Wang, Jingwei Zhang and Aoying Zhou.
- “An Empirical Study for Determining Relevant Features for Sentiment Summarization of Online Conversational Documents,” Gino Mangnoesing, Arthur van Bunningen, Alexander Hogenboom and Flavius Frasincar.
- “Sentiment Analysis by Augmenting Expectation Maximisation with Lexical Knowledge,” Xiuzhen Zhang, Yun Zhou, James Bailey and Kotagiri Ramamohanarao.
- “Learning to Find Comparable Entities on the Web,” Xiaojiang Huang and Xiaojun Wan.
2.e: Afternoon Research Session – Networks, Graphs, Web-based Business Processes
Chair: Adriano Galati, Leeds University, United Kingdom
- “A Framework and a Language for On-Line Analytical Processing on Graphs,” Seyed-Mehdi-Reza Beheshti, Boualem Benatallah, Hamid Reza Motahari-Nezhad and Mohammad Allahbakhsh.
- “Today’s top ”RESTful” Services and why they are not RESTful,” Dominik Renzel, Patrick Schlebusch and Ralf Klamma.
- “A Uniﬁed Framework for Distributed Managing Uncertain Data in RFID Traceability Networks,” Quan Z. Sheng, Jiangang Ma and Damith Ranasinghe.
- “Modeling Sovereign RFID Data Streams in Collaborative Traceable Networks,” Quan Z. Sheng, Yanbo Wu and Rui Zeng.
1.f: Late Afternoon Research Session – Web Data Integration and Hidden Web
Chair: Zhisheng Huang, Vrije University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- “Automated Information Extraction from Web APIs Documentation,” Papa Alioune Ly, Carlos Pedrinaci and John Domingue.
- “Generating Tourism Path from Trajectories and Geo-Photos,” Zhixing Zeng, Richong Zhang, Xudong Liu, Hailong Sun and Xiaohui Guo.
- “Eﬃcient Execution of Web Navigation Sequences,” Jose Losada, Juan Raposo, Alberto Pan and Paula Montoto.
- “Topic-Sensitive Hidden Web Crawling,” Panagiotis Liakos and Alexandros Ntoulas.
- “Integrating Feature Analysis and Background Knowledge to Recommend Similarity Functions,” Seung Ryu and Boualem Benatallah (short paper).
2.f: Late Afternoon Research Session – Semi-structured Data and Modeling
Chair: Rodrigo N. Calheiros, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- “Controlled Enrichment of Knowledge Bases from Web Documents”, Yassine Mrabet, Nacera Bennacer and Nathalie Pernelle.
- “An Extended Compact TVP Index for Finding Top-k Nearest Neighbors over XML Data,” Sheng Li and Junhu Wang.
- “A Meta-Plugin for Bespoke Data Management in WordPress,” Stefania Leone, Alexandre De Spindler and Moira Norrie.
- “Spelling Suggestion for XML Keyword Search Based on Pairwise Keyword Summaries,” Sheng Li and Junhu Wang
- “An Unsupervised Technique to Extract Information from Semi-structured Web Pages,” Hassan A. Sleiman and Rafael Corchuelo (short paper).